So many exciting things have happened recently and I can’t wait to share with you guys in the next Life update post. But, how have you guys been?Do Let me know in the comments section.
Today there’s a new addition to the Girlpower series, Princess Audu, I mean she’s the epitome of character, commitment and beauty. I personally look up to her as she has managed to develop and stay true to her own sense of style despite the saturation of the fashion blogging industry.
- Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
Hi, my name is Sarah Audu, a 22 year old from, Benue, State Nigeria. My blog Princess Audu, centers on fashion, a bit of lifestyle, travel and my faith in God. Through my blog I seek to preach the gospel of modest fashion. We can definitely stay on trend without compromising; I believe this is totally doable.
- How would you describe your blogging style?
Hmm, that’s a hard one to answer; do you mean blogging style like writing? I guess I’d describe my blog style as easy going, I mean it’s a serious business but we are not going over the top with things.
- When did you first get into blogging and what inspired you?
Now, I know most people started their blogs to inspire but my story was different. I remember stumbling on a blog back then, (That Fai Daji, I’ll never forget her blog which was one of my biggest inspirations back then), and then I thought to myself I can do this too. Plus, back then I was looking for a reason to justify my excessive shopping habits and I felt blogging was just it.
- How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
I’m still trying to get the hang of this, but major planning has helped me out. I try to plan out blog post ideas, schedule posts both for my blog and my social media handles. I general have structures in place to keep everything balanced.
- What has been the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
A lot of things really, but the most challenging would be trying to maintain a unique voice
- Have you met anyone interesting on your blogging journey? If so, please tell us about the encounter?
Yes I have, I have met several fellow bloggers, and all of them were so nice. I have also met several readers too especially with my Vintage Store where most of my customers are blog readers.
- How would you describe your personal style and is there someone who is a fashion inspiration to you?
I started out going from edgy one moment to classy and chic the next. Over time I have discovered my style which is conservative and classy with retro influences here and there. Now one of my biggest Fashion inspirations is Stella J’adore, I love how minimalist yet so chic her style is.
- What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a fashion blogger? (Invitations to fashion events, interaction with people, etc.)
The free clothes! I joke, but really being able to work with brands, style their items, talk about them and sometimes get paid is awesome. Having a voice no matter how small is so humbling because there is no greater feeling than pouring your heart out in to a post and then getting awesome feedback from it.
- Could you give some advice for the newbie fashion bloggers in the house?
The pressure might be real to sustain your blog especially with having to always have new outfits but don’t let that get to you. Be creative, reinvent outfits, DIY, thrift and continually think outside of the box. Also find your voice and use it.
- Please include any social media links you want included in the post!
Thank you guys for reading this post. What do you think of her style and what have you learnt from this post! I’d love to know. Also, If you’d like to be featured on the GirlPower series or know someone who will, Please send me an email.